Thursday, October 04, 2018

Rescue mission

Hey there …  this is a tale of conquest and redemption.  The hero -- as in every great saga -- is me, Goofball.  I decided that after 6 years, we should reclaim the blog.

  • The kids are older.
  • The house is overrun by donkeys and bunnies.
  • Harriet has tenure. 
  • The blog was overrun with spambots. 
The last one was the real kick in the pants.  If a blog is going to be out in public with my beautiful face and eloquent words, then it shouldn't have spambots on it.  The Goofball will not abide by spambots.  

So I figured out my email account.  It only took about half an hour of guessing passwords …

ilikecuddlin
Ilikecuddin
ILikeCuddlin
ILikeCuddling
I_like_cuddling
ILookGoodInOveralls
Ozzie_has_nose_boogers
PlatyIsMyHero
PuddingIsNoSubstitueForCuddling

It took a lot of guessing.  I kept asking Ozzie if he remembered and he could not even remember that I had an email account.  How is that possible?  I had so much great correspondence.  I am a bear of letters.  Once I got into the account, I had fun reading over my correspondence with Ernesto Zedillo, Jonathan Franzen, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar … all on the same thread no less!  [Pro tip: Write to famous people in groups … they will be excited to be on the same thread as the other famous people and you get to participate in historically great conversations!  Goofball giving you the hot tips.]

Anywho, once I got access, I could delete the offending sections of code and make the blog spam free.  Not sure how often any of us will post, but now the blog isn't a blight on my handsome and erudite image.  

That's all from the Goofball. When in doubt, keep cuddling. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Clarissa said...

I would love to see more posts from you, especially with photos! Welcome back!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home