Monday, September 19, 2005

When the breaks are beating the boys

Goofball here. Just wanted to show my man Ozzie some love. He's having a rough day of it and I thought maybe it would help to hear that everything is going to be okay. People are strange that way. They get all worked up over minor things in life. Not like teddy bears. The secret to being a teddy bear is just to go with the flow and not let anything get up under your fur.

I suppose it is in my interest to see Ozzie upset from time to time, because moments like these keep me employed. But I kinda hate to see the guy stressed out. It's all a series of trade-offs. I feel closer to him after talking about his life, but it isn't really a fun conversation if you catch my drift.

For example ...

Ozzie: Hey, Goofball, how's it going?

Goofball: No complaints on this end, but why do you look so glum?

Ozzie: Work didn't go so hot today. Ended up in a big old mess.

Goofball: Well ... are you going to get denied tenure over it?

Ozzie: No.

Goofball: So you can still feed your family, right? And take care of the bears?

Ozzie: Yes. That isn't an issue. Besides, Harriet makes more money than I do.

Goofball: Yeah, I know, I know. But I wanted to make you feel important. Does Harriet still love you? You didn't do anything to annoy her at work?

Ozzie: I don't think so. I mean, I think she loves me and I can't think of anything I did to annoy her.

Goofball: Come on. You only think that woman loves you? She's crazy about you, man.

Ozzie: Yeah, *blush* I suppose you're right.

Goofball: What are you worried about? The job you love is still there. The woman you love loves you back. How much better could your life get? Is your teddy bear still cute?

Ozzie: Man, don't make me say it. You know you're still cute.

Goofball: You can't blame a bear for trying when your defenses are down. Don't worry, I know where you're coming from. And I'll always be in your corner.

Ozzie: Thanks, Goofball.


See? The conversation isn't fun, but someone has got to do it. And who better than me, Ozzie's only bear? I'm glad I can be there for the big lug. Without him, I might still be hanging out on that Duracel display in Toys R' Us. Well, okay, THAT wasn't gonna happen, but I might not be so good at typing or singing or any of the other fun stuff that I get to do.

Hang in there, Ozzie. It ain't that important. Even still, the bears are all pulling for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home