Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl XLackluster

Phooey! The SuperBowl is usually one of the greatest couch sittin' days of the year. Lots of high quality commercials to watch and some decent football. Well ... it didn't work out that way this year, did it? The commercials were a big yawn and both football teams were too nervous to play well. After the past few Super Bowls, I've thought to myself, "Couldn't every day be Super Bowl Sunday?" This year, I wanted my four hours back. Yes, the game was that bad.

So what am I going to blog about now? It was mighty inconsiderate of the NFL not to provide better blogging material. I'll have to come up with something original to say rather than simply being reactive. I reckon I could do a better job being original if it wasn't so late in the evening.

Jolly St. Goofball

How about a picture of me in a Santa hat? Now doesn't that just cheer you up? I reckon I look mighty cute in a Santa hat. And it works on multiple levels, you see? Santa gives presents, and here I am giving you a picture that will give you something to smile about.

Okay, okay. I know going back to the picture vault is a cheap tactic and I can do better. What can I say, I'm tired. Rather than napping, I was watching the pre-game and then the game and the post-game. Watching all that TV will make a bear tired.

Not that I am complaining, mind you. I suppose I have it pretty good here. Harriet hugs me a lot. All my friends live here. There is our weekly game of canasta. Things are pretty dry and clean in the house. Yup, I have it better than 99% of the bears out there. If you don't believe me, check out this video:



Now there is a bear living on the edge of danger. As if being hauled around by your ear isn't bad enough, the drooling little monster wants to feed the poor little bear to hungry dogs. That is NOT the life for me. Nosirreee bob. No way, no how do I want to get any where near one of those bear destroying little gremlins. And what is wrong with that mother? She seems perfectly content for the infant to be traumatized by watching his best friend be torn limb from limb by those dogs. That borders on criminal neglect. Wouldn't happen in this house. No children and no dogs. Every day I thank my lucky stars that Ozzie and Harriet are without child. I suppose they are a little sad about that, but the silver lining is that there is a lot of time for the bears.

Of course, that big ol' body pillow is taking up most of the bed. Gotta figure out how to get rid of that thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home