Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Trip to the Bear Spa

Um ... hello! How are you? I feel like myself today, but I didn't so much yesterday. Yesterday, I had to make a trip to the bear spa. Yeah, yeah. I make a point of going every year or two. My fur isn't as white and fluffy as it used to be, so I get washed and enjoy the cleansing action of Woolite. Um ... I don't really look forward to it. Um ... in fact, I hate it. I get bopped around in the spa and I get water up my snout and it just isn't fun. And sitting around wet in the house can be really stressful. What if I don't dry quickly and get moldy! That wouldn't be very nice.

But Harriet doesn't like it when I get sniffy, so I go. And I want to set a good example for the other bears. Goofball still hasn't been washed and is pretty adamant that he never will be. Um ... I don't have the heart to tell him that mold creeps onto your body that way too. Yeah, yeah, it is a very fine line between being washed too frequently and not being washed enough.

Waiting for my bath

Um ... here I am lounging in the kitchen before the big moment. Notice how calm and cool I look. I'm not shaking at all. The Wags Dog knows his duty and accepts his fate. Harriet gave me a kiss on the nose, too. That helped a lot.

Goodbye

When going to the spa, it is very important to wear protective clothing. It is a full contact sport. Oooh, your body can get so sore tossing and turning. The spa robe is a little restrictive. I was kind of hoping that we would get a bigger and softer spa robe when we moved to South Bend, but this is okay.

Again, notice how calm and cool I look as I wave goodbye to my bunny. Not a hint of fear or panic crosses my face.

Not a glamorous spa

Um ... okay ... now I am starting to panic. I hadn't seen the new spa room. It ... um ... it isn't very glamorous. I don't think Hollywood stars go to this spa. It looks like a dungeon down here. Um ... I think I am the cleanest thing down here. Um ... why did I get sent somewhere dirty to get clean? ... Hello? ... Hello! ... Can anyone hear me? ... Scared and lonely bear here. ... Hello!

Clean but wet

Um ... I made it out of the bear spa, but I am not happy about it. I am not happy. Not one bit. I am cold and wet and worried that I might get moldy.

Post Washing Bunny Love

Oooh, my bunny George came down to sit with me while I dry. Um ... he must like me a lot. I like him, too. And now that I think about it, I kinda like sitting about the heating vent. It is blowing warm air on my tookus. Um ... am I allowed to use strong language like tookus on the blog? Um ... anyhow, the air is dry, so I don't think I will get moldy. It is verrry important to wash your bears on days when there is low humidity. Humidity is the natural enemy of teddy bears.

116_1612

Um ... this is more like it. After all that stress, I needed to recover with my loyal George and Lobby. It isn't very often that I get the body pillow and bed all to myself. I guess this is the reward that a bear gets for extreme bravery.

But ... um ... I'll let you on a little secret. I now have a secret weapon against Ozzie. Yeah, yeah. I don't know whether it was the spa or the drying rack, but I am really, really staticky. I'm kind of like the empereor in Return of the Jedi. Lightning shoots from my paws! And my fur holds all type of funny shapes. But mostly, I'm going to shock Ozzie when he comes to bed.

Ooooooh, Oozzzziiiieeee! Oooooooh, Ooozzzzziiiieee! Um ... I have something to tellll youuuuuuuu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home