Sunday, October 23, 2005

Journeys with Platy: Washington, DC Part 3

I'm home now. The ride back in the plane was nice. Ozzie let me ride with him and not in the suitcase. It was cramped. It was loud. But it wasn't cold. The computer smooshed me against the sides. A book kept getting pushed into my face. It wasn't very comfortable. But Ozzie let me look out the window. Everything was grey. I thought the land lost its color when you go up high. Ozzie told me that those were the clouds. I had never seen clouds from up top before. Clouds look the same right side up and they do upside down. They look very soft.

People were happy to see me. They asked me lots of questions. I didn't know how to answer all of them.

Wagsy: Did you have a good time?

Platy:
Yes.

Goofball:
So, whatcha do? Where'd'ya'go? Whatcha see?

Platy:
We went to the mall.

Buffy:
Oh, my god! You went to Washington, DC and
went shopping? Like what did you get?

Platy:
Uh, uh, uh, I saw shirts for sale.

Buffy:
Totally give me the scoop! What were they like? How heavy was the cotton? Was it like super high
quality aardvark wear or was it that cheap stuff you can get for a dollar or two? What were the colors? Was it like the
same-old-same-old white and black, or were there totally hot new colors like papaya and aurora? Like totally tell me everything about the competition! Were there any aardvarks on the shirts?

Platy:
Uh, uh, uh, I saw Squawky on a shirt.

Buffy:
Oh, god, that is so cool! Squawky did you hear that?! You rock!

Squawky:
Squawky?

Wagsy:
Ooh, that is so exciting. Um ... are you sure that it was our Squawky and not some other eagle?

Buffy:
Ya know, I'm a little offended that you didn't put your shirts up for sale on my site, but I like I totally understand. It's not like our sales team is working magic or anything. I'd totally dump my site for a better one. I love you guys, but I'll sell this aardvark's face to the highest bidder. Getting sales reps at tourist destinations like Washington, DC is like totally smart. You'll have to give me the name of your agent and distributor.

Squawky:
Squawky?

Goofball:
Hey ... hey, HEY! Everyone stand back and
give Platy some room to breathe. Little guy is hyperventilating. You okay?

Platy:
Uh, uh, yeah.

Goofball:
Anything else you want to share with us?

Platy: I'm brown. I'm round. And, I'm upside down.


I should travel more. People respect travellers. And I saw clouds from up top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home