Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The finish line has been crossed

I would have written sooner, but I was too exhausted from that final push. The literature on trade economics is far more complicated now than it was when I assisted with Stephen's research. Old bears can learn new tricks, but spatial diffusion models are a lot of work for a bear whose "all new fibers" stopped being new quite some time ago.

Accomplishing a goal with dignity is not always possible in life. There are times where merely completing the race is all that can be expected and should be celebrated. For instance, an occupational hazard for teddy bears is being thrown from the bed unceremoniously. The goal is to stay on the bed throughout the evening. The other night, the bunny was stuck at the bottom of the bed trapped next to not-so-fresh feet. Unpleasant? Perhaps, but at bottom, the bunny was successful in remaining on the bed. I feel dissertations are one of these "just finish" moments. While I am slightly dismayed that both Ozzie and Harriet were working up until the last weekend, I am immensely proud of both of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home